Thread: My first saber

Default My first saber

This is my first attempt at building a saber. I wired everything myself, and did the etching. Everything is MHS with a standard non-chassis interior (would build a chassis that was completely independent of the outer shell on my next build). Nano Biscotti v3 sound board with 2w bass speaker (wouldn't change this until I got better at soldering). Amber LED (next time I would do a tri LED to create a custom color). Used a replaceable 18650 Li-ion (would do a recharge port with rechargeable 18650 next time. Altogether, very pleased with how it turned out. Let me know what you think.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...VpFMzZ6VVNRYWs

Good job. Congrats.

Greenie

Nice work! I think having the option to charge in-hilt and swap batteries is really the way to go if you aren't making a super ***y reveal chamber. That way if you are out using it you aren't down for hours when the battery dies, but you don't have to take everything apart to charge it when you aren't using it. Even still, there are ways to make a reveal chamber that will still allow a swap.

Thank you for checking out my build. I'm already looking at what to do for the next one. I think I'm going to go for a full on chassis, practice soldering, and really spend some time in pre-production designing exactly what I want for an outcome. I'm thinking a matched pair (primary and off-hand). Also, someone I work with is interested in a dual-blade build. Ordered a couple crystals for myself, looking into getting some part-out hard drives for crystal chamber pieces, and reading everything I can about making a chamber.