Thread: Help! I have a problem

Default Help! I have a problem

Ok I am using speaker holder 5 and am trying to figure out how the heck I get the wires for the recharge port past it. I can't seem to come up with a solution that sounds doable. Please help.

Blog Entries

How about channels? I know the pic below is a V4 holder but I would think the same idea would work for the V5.

末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Cut a small channel along the outside of the speaker mount. You'll be able to route fine gauge wires past the speaker that way.

Edit: DC beat me to the punch, and used pictures.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

DC do those go all the way thru the holder or are they just deep enough for the wire?

Ok last 2 questions. What did you use to make the groove? And what guage wire would you recomend?

28 gauge wire if available, but nothing larger than 26 gauge. You can use just about anything to cut it, but a dremel or file is probably easiest. Just cut the channel wide enough and deep enough for the wires to slip past.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    28 gauge wire if available, but nothing larger than 26 gauge. You can use just about anything to cut it, but a dremel or file is probably easiest. Just cut the channel wide enough and deep enough for the wires to slip past.
    ^^This

A Dremel with a cutoff wheel will make quick work of it.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Thanks everyone for your help

If you are wary of using a Dremel, a small file will do the trick. It'll take a lot longer, but you'll also have a great deal more control over how it turns out.