Thread: Can you duel with a Graflex?

Default Can you duel with a Graflex?

Say I want to do some medium to hard dueling, would the body hold up? I know people think it's uncountable to duel with but I havea saber with similar grips and a control box and I have no problem with it.

It'll hold up. There's always risk of damaging the saber during any dueling, so be aware of that. I'd be more inclined to duel with a replica Graflex than a vintage, but that's due to the rarity more than the durability.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I find the grips on a Graflex (or replica for that matter) to be uncomfortable, but you already addressed it. Like SS, I probably wouldn't with a real Graflex, even if I found it comfortable, just because of the nostalgia, and value.

I'll plead the opposite. I duel with my vintage on a regular basis. My training dummy hates it I've not had any trouble. The vintage are pretty durable. However, if you are one of those unfortunate souls who paid a ton to get one, I would suggest what was said above. The Graflex 2.0 are spot on for looks, durable (a little more weight to them) and made really to keep guys like me from using their vintage flashes and crying when I can't get parts to replace busted ones.
    Really its up to you. Either way enjoy, you are the proud owner of THE lightsaber

So there's no wiggle if I use the 2.0 kit with the 1 inch blade holder?

Quote Originally Posted by phook15 View Post
    So there's no wiggle if I use the 2.0 kit with the 1 inch blade holder?
    What do you mean with ,,wiggle" ?
    Join me, join the dark side!

Perhaps he is referring to how the two pieces of the original Graflex flashgun's body were held together by the clamp?

The 2.0 uses a threaded connection instead so no "wiggle" if the clamp is loose.