Thread: Another Resistor Question

Default Another Resistor Question

Hi All
    Need someone's opinion on the following

Looking to swap out my current LED and replace with a Cree G,G,R, using the Red die to make a yellowish FOC. My hilt his a little crammed so can't safely fit in a larger resistor that can handle the Red running at full strength without it butting up against the battery pack. So if I wired the red up to a 10 ohm 3 Watt resistor, and adjusted the FOC current using RICE so that the Red die was under 500 mA, would this cause a problem?

Cheers

Resistor.jpg

What card are you using?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Sorry, forgot to mention that. I'm using a PC3.0, 18650 7.4 stick

Both greens wired in parallel, red FOC

Cheers
    Last edited by Basie; 02-14-2017 at 05:08 PM.

It shouldn't, as long as you can fit it all in.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Brilliant, thanks for confirming. It's been a while since I last did anything with resistors, so am a little rusty

Theres just enough room to fit in a smaller ceramic resistor without it butting up to the battery pack. The cram-fu is strong with this one

Just a suggestion....wire your greens in series and your battery will last longer between charges.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.