Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: My second saber :D

The diagram is good.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Going to solder the parts to my board in just a few hours Very excited right now and...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Where's the recharge port going?
    I got the recharge port in my switch box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    why not just bridge the positives on the LED and consolidate to one anode leaving your LED star? Would eliminate a lot of mess outside the module.
    Ahh.. well I was trying to do that at the beginning but it didn't turn out so well so I just made it the way my diagram says and: it isn`t messy at all
    Join me, join the dark side!

Here a picture of the led: IMG_0755.jpg (sorry for the quality I had to take the picture with my phone...)

Actually, I just finished the saber It's very cool! I had/have some chassis problems because I can't get the chassis out of the saber... Even though we (My father and I) dremeled the edges of the chassis away... I can get the chassis out somehow If I need too, but I am totally fine with the settings Ive changed yesterday. I want to thank you all! You have to know I just got 13 years old and had no soldering experience whatsoever... Without your help, I couldn't have made a saber at all. So THANK YOU ALL

That's is awesome! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

Actually, when hitting the saber on top it is possible to get the chassis out... I am finished with the saber at first time but I chose the wrong RICE port, which doesn't fit into the box. So what would be optional now: Get the RICE port (I don't really want to, because the serial wire is hard to find and very expensive here, in Germany.. ) But cosmetically I want to improve the saber too; I planned to get some black between the three "rings" on the Blade Holder. I'll get some pictures of the saber right now tomorrow

Ok made a video about progress so far:

Nice saber Greg in my book your automatically better since I have yet to do an install of a prizm sb! I like how you got it done even though your r.i.c.e port was incorrect great job Bud! You and your father doing that is goals for me haha (wife wants a child soon ��)
    "We are the hunters and they are our victims. If nothing is true and everything is permitted, then you shall decide if you are a hunter or a victim. It is because only you can control your destiny, my only goal is in the darkness.”

Thank you, RogueSyProject! Actually it wasn't planned that this is my first saber (thread name) My first saber was planned to be a NB build for a friend of mine but I will do that build in a few weeks/months. I had higher budgets than him so I went with the PRIZM V4... When I received the board on Tuesday, I was really worried that I can't solder those little pads... But when my father holds the wire(s) it actually worked out very well
    EDIT: Oh, and I will probably buy the correct RICE port very soon, including the cable, as the empty hole in the switch box is something; I don't want to have and; makes the build unfinished...
    Last edited by GregTheForce; 05-01-2017 at 01:03 AM.