Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My second saber :D

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post My second saber :D

Hey guys! I will order the parts for my first build very soon, so in the meantime i was planning my second saber, which is featuring a PRIZM
    I am still planning a little so advice would be appreciated as always. I aswell may or may not make a build-log for this

So now to the parts I want to use:

- HILT:

- 8 inch double female extension
    - Pommel style 3
    - Blade holder style 18
    - Box 14

- MISC:

- 8-32 thumb screw for blade retention
    - diamond knurling 3.5 inches
    - Drill & Tap for the blade retention screw
    - 1" Thin walled clear PolyC 34" long
    - Clear 1" thin walled blade tip
    - quad film
    - holes for box 14
    - powder coating flat black for bh 18

- ELECTRONICS:

- PRIZM V4
    - recharge port
    - R.I.C.E. port
    - Tri-Cree RGrB
    - thermal pads
    - LED lense
    - 2x 16mm AV switch -illuminated in red and orange
    - 28mm Bass speaker
    - Resistor - 1x 1 Ohm for red - 2x 0.47 ohm for blue and green
    - Dyna-Ohm x2

- CHASSIS:

- acrylic disks for PC and 18650 battery
    - aluminium spacers: working on it

- Chamber:
    maybe if I have space

Thank you for helping/suggestions
    Cheers,

Greg

MySaber2.jpgMySaber2internal.jpg
    Last edited by GregTheForce; 02-20-2017 at 08:30 AM. Reason: updating list
    Join me, join the dark side!

Nothing looks out of place or missing.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thank you for replying so fast!

This hobby is definitely adicting isn't it?

Looks like a good list so far, if you're interested in doing a chamber/chassis, you will probably have to seperate your main body into smaller pieces. Use a couple double female extentions connected with the 1/4" double male connector, that way you can lock the chassis/chamber in place.

Take a look at my build, it should give you some ideas on how to intigrate a chamber/cassis into your build.

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

Quote Originally Posted by NaasadTal View Post
    This hobby is definitely adicting isn't it?

Looks like a good list so far, if you're interested in doing a chamber/chassis, you will probably have to seperate your main body into smaller pieces. Use a couple double female extentions connected with the 1/4" double male connector, that way you can lock the chassis/chamber in place.
    Take a look at my build, it should give you some ideas on how to intigrate a chamber/cassis into your build.
    Thank you, but I will see as I am not in the captability of making such pretty stuff

I've only built one hilt so far that isn't a single piece. I don't see any particular reason it would need to be any other way, it all depends on how your buttons, etc work. Greenfield made a saber that the entire inside comes out of!

Actually, I just finished the saber It's very cool! I had/have some chassis problems because I can't get the chassis out of the saber... Even though we (My father and I) dremeled the edges of the chassis away... I can get the chassis out somehow If I need too, but I am totally fine with the settings Ive changed yesterday. I want to thank you all! You have to know I just got 13 years old and had no soldering experience whatsoever... Without your help, I couldn't have made a saber at all. So THANK YOU ALL

That's is awesome! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts

Actually, when hitting the saber on top it is possible to get the chassis out... I am finished with the saber at first time but I chose the wrong RICE port, which doesn't fit into the box. So what would be optional now: Get the RICE port (I don't really want to, because the serial wire is hard to find and very expensive here, in Germany.. ) But cosmetically I want to improve the saber too; I planned to get some black between the three "rings" on the Blade Holder. I'll get some pictures of the saber right now tomorrow