Thread: Flickering Issue with NB3, GGW lightsaber

Default Flickering Issue with NB3, GGW lightsaber

Hello forum, I just completed my KR Deep Groove qui gon lightsaber and i seem to have an issue with the light.. it seems to flicker when its on...

Set up - GGW LED, 18650 3.7v Li ion Battery, NB3....

I believe it could be an issue with resistance. I used 1 .47ohm .5w resistor on my greens.... Nothing on the White..

If anyone has done a GGW before can you please let me know what resistor you used...

THANKS!! i appreciate all of the help

PS this is my first CUSTOM SABER...

Hello, I've used G/G/W with 0.55ohm resistors on the greens and white. Flicker is one effect available with Plecterlabs boards and is adjustable in the config files. As a side note, low or no resistors can cause the NB to behave erratically.

Greenie

Thanks for the advise... but the flickering is something that I don't want... and it seems to me that it has something to do with the power so possibly the resistors. I will try what u said. What is the wattage on those resistors? How do I get to the Configuration files?? Sorry this is my first Custom saber as previously mentioned
    Last edited by jedikirk; 02-13-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Hi jedikirk.
    The .47 ohm, .5w resistor you used is fine for the greens. You said you used 1 for the greens, maybe put each one on it's own resistor. It may not be absolutely necessary, but it's considered "best practice".
    Also as Greenie said, the flicker can be controlled or eliminated on the NB3 through settings on the SD card.

Great thanks for the info... I will look into getting into the settings on the SD card...

As far as the white LED since its not a constant light would it be a "best practice" to place a resistor on that as well? and also is there a way to dim the white LED when it actually turns on for the FOC??

To access the files on your NBv3, you will need one of these http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Mi...pter-P898.aspx and a slot on your pc/laptop/. Insert both adapter and SD card into your machine and pull up the "drive" to access the files. The adapter will more than likely show up as removable drive (same way a USB data stick comes up in BIOSThe files that you'll be changing are simple .txt files. Any application like Notepad or some other text editor will work. I highly recommend you back up the files (with their original settings) then start making your changes in a copy of the original files. This way if you do not like the settings you can restore to "factory defaults" by simply replacing the original back on the board.

Dimming the white dice should require an increase in resistance to draw down the current flow. If you are using a 1 Ohm 3 Watt resistor on your White dice then try stepping up to a 2 Ohm 3 Watt.
    Last edited by DarthSkummelavsky; 02-13-2017 at 03:22 PM.

THANK you to everyone who provided input.. I Was able to figure it out.. looks like it was actually the NB3 settings.. I was able to make it a solid blade... thanks again.