Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Extremely weathered new MHS build

Default Extremely weathered new MHS build

Hi all.
    I finished this saber in the last week, and I really love how it turned out. I know some aren't fans of weathering in general, but I sure am =)
    Ok maybe it's not extreme weathering, as I did hold back a bit. But I wanted it to look it had been buried for a long time, or survived some cataclysm.
    It was a fairly quick build, all stock MHS. I love these kinds of builds that aren't overly complex with shrouds and extra wiring and general fussiness. Sometimes it's just fun to make a simpler thing, just for fun's sake.
    So it's got :
    NB3 on a TCSS v6 sled
    recessed recharge port in the ribbed section
    lots of weathering using aluminum black and several kinds of paints, with a matte clear over all of it
    a custom brass switch hat, per Darth Chasm's tutorial
    saltwater etching in the form of the Galactic Army symbol and some Aurebesh that reads: "A Jedi's strength flows from the Force"
    2w bass speaker
    And a Tri-rebel cyan,cyan, white
    I gotta say I've never used this color before but it certainly won't be the last time. It's wonderful.
    Some pics:

Thanks for looking!
    -Darkmatter73

Blog Entries

I approve!! Nice job.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Now that's a lightsaber. Simple build? Awesome finish.

Nice one! Beautiful weathering and awesome etching!

I also approve =] Actually kinda jealous of this one :P has elements of Luke, Obi-wan, and Qui-gon a bit all in one design if you think about it. How does the more smoother Graflex style bottom grip feel though? Been wanting to use that in a build myself
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Nice work. I really like the weathering. Your button placement is really well done too. Very cool, I dig

Well done indeed...very nice weathering and etching work there brother. /thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    I also approve =] Actually kinda jealous of this one :P has elements of Luke, Obi-wan, and Qui-gon a bit all in one design if you think about it. How does the more smoother Graflex style bottom grip feel though? Been wanting to use that in a build myself
    It's fantastic =)

Awesome job! The weathering looks fantastic and gives the saber an almost singed appearance. I like that blade color -- quite cool.
    The Force shall free me.

All around nice job. The weathering is definitely a personal choice but when done right (as the case here) and a little back story all complete the overall look of the saber. Its a beautiful saber.