Thread: PRIZM chassis

Post PRIZM chassis

Hey guys!
    So i was told that i need to use the PC disks ( http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ac...k-S2-P768.aspx ) for the PRIZM... So my question is: How long do the spacers have to be? And: Has anyone got a better solution for it?
    Cheers,

Greg
    Join me, join the dark side!

To each his/her own brother. Some like using those others make there own....like madcow for ex. ...he makes his out of the gray electrical PVC pipe.

Blog Entries

I use aluminum tube for my chassis. It fits perfectly in the MHS, so I can just hold it in place with one set screw. The danger is, if a wire goes rogue and touches the metal, bad things can happen.

Yes you have to make sure your wires are fully covered with shrink tube. Heck you can even get a 1" shrink tube and use it like a sleeve for the sound board(obviously you would not shrink it down though...duh! lol)

Wow! Thank you all for the ideas! I am thinking about carving out some styrofoam for the battery and on the top for the PRIZM and the ,,foam-tube" will fit inside the electronics shield... Sounds kinda wierd but it instantly popped up What do you think about that idea?
    Join me, join the dark side!

Some people get concerned when someone mentions using aluminum (or other metal) tubing as a chassis component. I think the same people tend to forget (somehow) that all chassis are placed within a metal tube...

Any time there is a risk of grounding, and you aren't comfortable accepting it, a simple insulating layer of packing tape inside said tube will help. That said, it's still better to have an appropriate chassis for your skillset. PVC is awesome and can be quite versatile. I've even used 1" blade stock in smaller diameter hilts (homemade using 1" ID tubing).

As they say, necessity is the mother of invention.