Thread: Help with first sound build.

Question Help with first sound build.

So I'm looking to build a sound saber as a gift to my brother. I've done 2 stunts and I wanna try something new for somebody special. below is my design with a rough idea of how I want the chassis to work. The switch is a box1 with the long tactile switch coming up from a hole in a circuit card. (I hope).

fro poober.jpg

I've heard you can run an accent led on the PLI or deep sleep switch and I'd like to attempt a crystal chamber. My conundrum comes with the power; I was gonna use a 3.7v Li pack. I'd hoped to use a GGW tricree with the W being the flash, but I don't see how that works, yet I've seen others talk about having a nano on a 3.7 with a tricree so what am I missing? Am I dumb?

Blog Entries

You can most certainly run a tri-cree on a NB. Start with the NB manual which can found on its product page in the shop.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

I get that you can, but when I try to calculate the resistor on this site http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz , it tells me that the leds will eat more power than I'm giving. the site linked in your signature suggests a 1 ohm 3W (on each?) For wiring in parallel do you calculate as if each lead was all there was or something?
    Last edited by lovetadraw; 02-11-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Calculate the resistance for each LED (@1000mA) and use one resistor on each LED.

Huh Ok then thanks.

I have wired several Tri-Cree GGW (I used the GGrB custom Tri-Cree {using rB as flash} for a couple Consular styled builds) dice using both a shared resistor for Main blade and separate but same valued for the Main blade, as have alot of other builders on this forum. I prefer the latter of the two. The Main blade appears a little brighter than using a common resistor between the two positive leads on GG dice. Just a personal preference and the resistors are not the expensive.
    If your looking at this with a tight budget to work with; I don't feel like an extra $.45 resistor is going to break the bank. I personally would find other spots where going with a lower cost solution would be more logical (examples: a $6.50 16mm AV switch versus a $12.00 illuminated 16mm switch, different pommel or blade holder ).

So your saying I can spit the wires from the main wire to the two leds where they are connected to a single resistor? Honestly price isn't my biggest concern. I'll probably play it safe and use a resistor on each but thanks for the info.

So is this a guide I should follow as far as Led wiring goes?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7BdiKfMkro
    Last edited by lovetadraw; 02-15-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovetadraw View Post
    I'll probably play it safe and use a resistor on each but thanks for the info.
    Good plan. There is a disagreement among the most experienced here about which is the better practice. I think a resistor per die is the safest, and for 0.47 ohm resistors the cost, in terms of dollars and space, isn't that great.