Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Saber Blaster Block problem!

Blog Entries

Eh I got bored and wanted to use my new workbench anyway. Take a look at this video. It will show you how the internal configuration works. There is also a drawing and schematic I swiped from digikey that illustrates the relationship of the posts to the circuit with corresponding numbers.

I can see how visually, those side contacts could throw you off. Especially if you don't have a multimeter to test your hypothesis.

The reason I asked how you wired is because I believe you said that you wired them diagonally. Which is fine and I did mention that in my post above and the first video. That does work. You don't necessarily need to wire ones on the same side. It just makes routing easier in most cases.

Anyway, you'll see in the video and schematic below that the original crude image I posted is correct and I just wanted people that may come across this thread to have the correct info.

tact_switch_schematic.jpg
    You'll see a similar drawing for the short tactile switch on the product page here under the dimensions tab .
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Awesome, got it! Yeah, I soldered diagonally and they work great! I'll make a demo video of it shortly and post it. The saber hilt turned out great! It was my first time doing acid etching on it too! I etched a very Dathomiran Darth Maul tribal tattooing on it! Thanks again for all our help, I really appreciate it! Love the saber-smith community here!!