Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Second Saber, first MHS build idea will there be any installing problems? NB v3?

Default Second Saber, first MHS build idea will there be any installing problems? NB v3?

Here is my first MHS saber idea, second saber I will own. Now I know it might look really short but, I have seen a youtuber I guess he is from the FX-Saber site and he had a saber just over nine inch with a dual battery pack! Any way attached is the item In question please do let me know and advise from there! P.S I would like for the saber to stay small for a perfect one-handed saber only which is why I tried staying within 9 to 10 inches.New Saber idea 10.95.jpg

If you use the v6 speaker holder with 18650 and NBv3 then you only really need a little under 4" internally for that, plus room for your switch (and charge port?). It's hard to tell if that would fit from the preview. It'd be helpful to know what pieces you've selected.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    If you use the v6 speaker holder with 18650 and NBv3 then you only really need a little under 4" internally for that, plus room for your switch (and charge port?). It's hard to tell if that would fit from the preview. It'd be helpful to know what pieces you've selected.
    You might have saved me because I really don't want a long saber but, I also don't want to do a cram fu mess up like my first install. I have to redo it and I spent money on a chassis and speaker mount from Goth-3d just to break them both and find out it's because of my wires.. I digress though the I did have the v6 in mind for the install so that is really good to hear and I do want a recharge port as well so with that being said the parts of the saber are as listed from back to front:

Pommel Style 5 = .75"
    Fluted Double Female Threaded Connector = 3"
    MHS Extension Blank Style 1 = 3.7'
    MHS Gear = 1.5"
    LED Blade Holder Style 25 = 2"

I think you will have plenty of room. Be aware though, that I do not believe that the extension blank has the normal 1.25" interior, so plan you chassis around that if you are using chassis discs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Nurse View Post
    I think you will have plenty of room. Be aware though, that I do not believe that the extension blank has the normal 1.25" interior, so plan you chassis around that if you are using chassis discs.
    I want to use the v6 Speaker mount is that ohk?

The v6 mount probably won't fit. I just measured one I have on my desk and the longest part is slightly more than 1.15", which is the listed ID of the extension blank. There's no listed ID for the fluted piece, but you might not be able to use any of the speaker mounts from the store if it's under 1.25". The main portion of the mount is slightly less than 1.25", the lip is slightly more than 1.3".

Ohk I changed the two mid sections into hilt style 7 I'm hoping that should due for the v6? I'm really sorry but, I currently don't have the tools need to check these measurements for myself atm otherwise I would have instead of opening this thread.

I would keep you hilt pieces the way they are and build a chassis with chassis discs and 4-40 rod. There are a TON of ways to make that work and get exactly what you want externally.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Nurse View Post
    I would keep you hilt pieces the way they are and build a chassis with chassis discs and 4-40 rod. There are a TON of ways to make that work and get exactly what you want externally.
    Don't get me wrong I would like to do that but, there are certain things, tools I would need for those rods I assume from watching videos about TCSS rods.. I just don't want to buy a couple of things and waste money like I did with the GOTH 3-D chassis and speaker mount on my first install.

My sabers ID is mostly the smaller 1.15" due to using the ribbed section. I made a chassis out of blade stock. As for the speaker i used holder 4 and kept it seperate from the chassis so it slides into the pommel. Recharge is mounted in the hilt behind the switch. My overall length is only 9.5"±. I only ran into space issues when I added a micro 3 slide switch to get some basic color change without buying a new sound board. But with your original design you should be able to make it work fine with blade stock chassis. You can even find some of the thin walled PVC that fits inside it as well. These are cheap options to try if you really like that design. Oh my electronics are NBv2 18650 battery 12mm switch tri reb rgb led.