Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Quote the Wife.

<blinkblink>

wow....um way TMFI! lol

All I can say to this is "I LOVE STAR WARS", enough said.

PS: If I got $1.00 for everytime my wife said whatever I could have already retired and would be on my way to buying my own Island.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Council Member
    Jedi Master

My wife is awesome! She rolls her eyes at me once in a while, but over all, she's pretty supportive.

We went to the fabric store the other day just looking to see how close I could come to finding material to make a Jedi costume.

I found some pretty good stuff. Maybe not "movie accurate", but pretty close in appearance in my eyes. I looked at it, but didn't buy it. I figured that I would wait until payday next week.

Well, today is my birthday, and guess what my darling wife did?

She checked out the pattern I had to see how much material I needed, and went and bought the stuff when I was at work today. I was shocked to open my gift and see all this material there.

Is that cool or what?

Now I have to sew like a madman to be ready in time for Halloween.

My sister on the other hand saw what I was planning and said, "You're like a 10 year old, aren't you? When are you going to grow up?"

I answered, "Never, I hope!"

you can actually sew a jedi costume relatively fast. my wife and i did one in 2 days right before CIV.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

you are a lucky man Obi-dar

My wife makes me do the L on my forehead before I can play with my sabers, but it's a joke. I think.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Yeah, she's pretty cool.

She still refuses when I offer to make her a saber of her own with a purple blade, but I'm wearing her down.

Keep going she will give in and once she has her own saber I am pretty sure that won't be the last one they are so addictive.
    " I am a Jedi like my Father before Me"
    ----------------------------------------------------------

on the costume front, i hand stitched mine in under 10 hours, cloak, tabers, sash, and overtunic, so you should be fine... especially if you have a sewing machine.

As for quote the wife, we had been watching simpsons season 4 where homer make the wonderbat and when marge asked him to come to bed he brought the tree branch and plane with him. Well as i was re-assembling part of my double after changing to a quickchange setup she gave me the marge quote "Homer go back to the garage." It was in jest, mostly, but at least i wasnt getting wood shavings on the bed
    FSM What's on your belt?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Still waiting for the sewing machine to come back from being serviced. It was supposed to be done Friday.

Mrs. Ke-Gnomie stayed up until 1:30 this morning with me, pinning and cutting the pieces for my tunic. What a gal!

I'm cheating a little with my costume. In the interest of saving time and money, I'm doing the tunic and robe, but I'm not going to make an under tunic. I'll just wear a V-neck t-shirt, and that will be fine for now. Nobody around here will know the difference anyway. I do it right when I have more time.