Thread: Box 21 mounting?

Default Box 21 mounting?

Don't see option for this in the store:
    1 threaded hole for 4-40 screw,
    and one hole for 16mm a/v switch.

(or would it call for 2 of the switch hole, being as box 21 is completely blank?)

It only needs one mounting screw. The rest depends on what you want to do with it. The Box 9 mounting would likely be your best reference.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I try to not create a wall of text, & still manage to mess up, but in a different way... so the point of my question seems to have been missed.
    ah well, lol.

I guess what I was trying to ask is... would the box mounting service cover drilling a switch hole thru both the box & hilt, or is the hilt separate?
    I know when you place a hilt in your cart the store right away will ask if you want a switch hole.

Seems like you missunderstood something... The boxes are pre-drilled anyways and the mounting order is drilling the holes in the hilt...
    Join me, join the dark side!

Box21 is a blank "custom" box. If you want holes in it, you would need to send Tim an email to get a price. The Box9 mounting service would only cover the three holes in the hilt (the hole for the switch, recharge port/LED/Rice/whatever else is on the small end) and the threaded screw hole. If you only want a switch hole and threaded hole in the hilt, you would need to talk to Tim about a custom work order.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheForce View Post
    Seems like you missunderstood something... The boxes are pre-drilled anyways and the mounting order is drilling the holes in the hilt...
    Except for the blank ones, which are what he is asking about. Unfortunately, I do not know the answer...

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Ace beat me to it, and with a very complete response!

Oops didn't see that but why don't you just email/pm Tim then? He will know best for sure
    Join me, join the dark side!

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheForce View Post
    Oops didn't see that but why don't you just email/pm Tim then? He will know best for sure
    Guess it just didn't cross my mind. That, and I was kind of hoping someone else here on the forums might have purchased one at some point, and would
    be willing to share a few bits of knowledge.