Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DC's Humble Little "Workshop"

Blog Entries

It was definitely time for a change. When I say working on the floor, I mean literally working on the floor in a dark corner. My old bones couldn't take it anymore.

And, this way I may be able to actually drill a straight hole finally
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

I have three space I do my work in depending on the work needed to be done. If it is soldering work, I now have a small portable station that I use at my dining room table. If i need to do some "machining" then I go under my house to my "workshop/crawl space". The entire back half of my house is about 7' 6" tall so plenty of room without fear of banging my head on floor joists. Last location is my place of work. We have a industrial drill press, grinder/sander and band-saw; plus ESD safe soldering stations with viewing scopes and multi-meters. I am doing more at home though than after hours.
    I too am a little jealous of your setup DC. I could really use a dedicated space so I don't have to pack up tools and materials every time I got some saber-ing stuff to knock out. Part bins
    Last edited by DarthSkummelavsky; 02-08-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Blog Entries

And phase 2, the final phase. Had a little delay because of snow but here it is. Its pretty nice. I was surprised by how sturdy it is. I actually had to climb up on it to put the top shelf on and it felt nice and solid. It came with the LED overhead light, a power strip with 2 USB ports included and the set of hooks. I've yet to load up all my tools obviously... I am thinking I am probably going to need more hooks.

And of course I have Master Skywalker watching over my work.

Very nice...wish I had a place to put one. Where did you get it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixHawk View Post
    Very nice...wish I had a place to put one. Where did you get it?
    I've been eyeing it for quite a while and was holding off because of price. It is usually listed at $230+ all over the place. I was lucky enough to find it on walmart.com for $199 so I went for it. It's part of Seville Classics Ultra HD line.

Totally jealous. I've started threatening the lady that I'm moving back to Jersey City so I can afford to have room for a second bedroom/workshop. Our living room doubles as our home office, and my desk doubles as my work bench. The surface is basically a pile of electronics, tools, paperwork, and keyboards. The shelves are full of parts for projects (saber and otherwise), and catalogs and samples for work. I can never decide which side of the desk I prefer to have my soldering station on. It seems to be the most out of the way on the left, but since I'm right handed that means I'm often dragging cable across the desk. Since I built my desk from scratch, I've been customizing it ever few months for about 10 years now. My latest and possibly most useful addition is an articulating desk lamp. Maybe if I'll take a shot of it later tonight.

My humble workkspace.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by acerocket View Post
    My humble workkspace.

Yeah well, I don't see a heat gun or a stormtropper mug. I have those

Blog Entries

It's slowly but surely filling out. Donuts and all

I knew the Darkside had donuts!
    Looking good DC, and Acerocket too!