Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DC's Humble Little "Workshop"

Blog Entries

Default DC's Humble Little "Workshop"

After tweaking my back and neck and generally being completely uncomfortable using a drill press on the floor and doing other things on a coffee table I decided to upgrade my "workshop."

Phase 1 was a tool cabinet and drill press table. The instructions were very clear and it only took about 1.5 hrs to assemble. Has a solid wood top, all steel construction, 5" casters. Came virtually unscathed... only a few bends on some of the tabs which were easy enough to coax back into place and a little ding in the table top.

Here it is tucked in a corner with some suits, gargoyles, a rubix cube and hockey equipment. Haha what an eclectic mix. I have a little nook it will fit in nicely so I am going to attempt to slide its 100 lb. fat rear end down my steps tomorrow.

Phase 2, and final phase, will be here Thursday. I'll update with a nice pic of that.

Anyway, I like seeing other peoples work spaces so I thought I'd share mine.

末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Nice! I should titch the mostly useless too bin I have and pick up something like this. This would be perfect for the spot I've got and the storage would be way more useful. Now I'm debating if I should try to find something to suit my needs or just build it. My inclination is to build it.

So, that's where the magic happens . Love the set up DC but I feel spoilt now as I have a garage /workshop and you're in an apartment turning out beautiful sabers one after another.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    Nice! I should titch the mostly useless too bin I have and pick up something like this. This would be perfect for the spot I've got and the storage would be way more useful. Now I'm debating if I should try to find something to suit my needs or just build it. My inclination is to build it.
    If you have the space and tools, definitely build it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    So, that's where the magic happens . Love the set up DC but I feel spoilt now as I have a garage /workshop and you're in an apartment turning out beautiful sabers one after another.

Thanks man. I do wish I had a larger dedicated space. I feel like I could do a lot more. Maybe some day.

I literally only recognize that toolbox/table because I assembled two of them for my dad. And two tables from the same company. Pain in the rear to build but so good...

Station looks good. Beats the heck outta what I'm using.

Blog Entries

Nice. I've been trying to reorganize my garage to make room for a decent workspace.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-Taka View Post
    I literally only recognize that toolbox/table because I assembled two of them for my dad. And two tables from the same company. Pain in the rear to build but so good...

Station looks good. Beats the heck outta what I'm using.
    I didn't find it too bad to assemble. It is a lot of work though. What table does your dad have? Is it the one with the peg board? Thats what I have coming on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    I didn't find it too bad to assemble. It is a lot of work though. What table does your dad have? Is it the one with the peg board? Thats what I have coming on Thursday.
    No he has the ones that have that same smooth tabletop and the silver metal frame. I mean yeah the assembly is SUPER worth it but man I hate allen wrenches. I hate them so much...

Good stuff DC.
    I'd post pics of my workspace, but a dining room is a dining room =) My wife and I are both pretty crafty people, and she lets me keep my drill press ( the same exact one ) right there by the dining room table.
    A dedicated workshop would be great though, man I'd love to upgrade.

-Darkmatter73

Very nice. I work on my desk (just soldering and small stuff) so you know, I don't have anything nearly as special :P
    Join me, join the dark side!