Thread: Wiring Check Please

Default Wiring Check Please

Hello folks,

I think I have all needed parts for my saber and the outside is done. At this point I just need to do some finishing touches on my chassis and begin wiring it up. Before I break out the soldering though I would really like someone to look over my diagram and make sure I have not messed it up. I have essentially zero experience with electronics. While I have looked through the manual many times and read more online I really just do not understand many of the basic terms being used so I am easily confused.

Here are my stats:

Battery is two 18650 protected in a "pack" configuration
    Tri Rebel LED B/B/W with white running at 3.15 forward volts 1000ma
    5mm rgb accent led
    28mm bass speaker
    12mm antivandal switch with green illuminated ring
    small momentary switch (button 21)
    rice port
    2.1mm recharge port
    Crystal Focus v8

All parts were purchased from the store with the exception of the batteries.

Critique and advice is VERY welcome.

Edit: Forgot to ask a question. For the FoC I see notations in the manual about bridging the pads on the bottom for the negative wire. I wanted to make sure that all I needed to do was solder a wire across those pads as shown in my diagram and then simply connect a wire to one pad to the FoC die?
    Last edited by minorhero; 02-07-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Any thoughts?

While I am at it let me add that I want to create a single ground wire connecting to the switch return on the CF board. Then connect the antivandal switch, small momentary switch, and the cathode on the 5mm led all to that common ground wire. This would cut down on the wires running to the board. Can this be done?