Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sleeve material won't slide over the blade holder and extension joint.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSkummelavsky View Post
    Best way to describe the defect (scar) is if you have ever tried to drill a hole in a round piece of metal with a hand drill and you did not take the time to mark your hole with a center punch giving the drill bit something to bite into when it starts to remove your material. I am providing a pic that shows where the defect occurred. do to the internal construction and part layout this was a non-issue for me and did not have any effect on my build.

In the picture where my red arrow is pointing to is where in the threads the defect started. The "scar" was less than 1/8 inch in length and not even a 1/5 of the depth of the normal threads.
    Attachment 15013
    Yeah... That is supposed to be there. It is a registration mark so the blade holder can be lined up to make sure a set screw is inline with the top/bottom of the curve. You will also find them on Holder12.

Instead of sanding and potentially messing up your saber parts, try this: Put your hilt in the fridge for one day and your sleeve in the oven at 150°C for 10 minutes. That should give you enough play to slide it over