Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help!

If you gently press the diaphragm, does the speaker work? If so, then it is blown.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    If you gently press the diaphragm, does the speaker work? If so, then it is blown.
    When I press the diaphragm it still makes those quiet sounds, it doesn't get better or worse. I think i will just order a new speaker altogether.

Also keep in mind that unlike other resistors, the Dynaohm has a polarity. Make sure you have the + towards the NB.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatter73 View Post
    Also keep in mind that unlike other resistors, the Dynaohm has a polarity. Make sure you have the + towards the NB.
    Yes, thank you! I am aware of that

Yeah, that blade needs something to act as a diffuser material or it will not light up at all. I wrote a tutorial a few years ago showing how to I make up a blade here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...t-how-I-do-it)
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 02-08-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Yeah, that blade needs something to act as a diffuser material or it will not light up at all. I wrote a tutorial a few years ago showing how to I make up a blade here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...t-how-I-do-it)
    I read your tutorial! It was very helpful. I did what you and everyone else said and the blade looks tremendous! I couldn't be happier with the blade! I also ordered a new switch and speaker. We will have to see if those work.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Not sure if anyone else mentioned this but using what looks like solid wire and having a lot of exposed wire can be causing issues and if it is not shorting out now could in the future especially at the LED. When soldering to the bass speaker tabs try not to get so much heat on them (pre-tin is your friend) and do not move the wire until they cool back down this will keep your tabs from being all wonky like they are in your picture. Also those tabs have a wire coming from the speaker to them and if you broke that connection or made it so it is barely touching it could be causing your sound issues.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop