Thread: TCSS Gralfex BH switch

Default TCSS Gralfex BH switch

Howdy,
    Its been a bit since I posted. I did something today that I thought might be worthy of mention, as it may help someone out with this issue I had.
    Recently I acquired another vintage Graflex. Wanting to do something a little different than what I normally go for I decided to put a CF in this one, as I plan on hanging onto it.
    Normally when one of these comes my way the bulb release button (slide button to the left of the red button on top) is really loose, or just not there. This graflex I found the slide button is very well attached and works perfectly. So I really wanted to incorporate that into the build this time.
    I have a couple of these
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/LE...ter--P221.aspx
    I pretty much swear by them as I have found being the best fitting Graflex socket adapter out there. It fits nice and snug, has a perfect diameter for the inside of a graflex top, and does not move or "wobble" when installed. Not to mention the copper heatsink that screws into the adapter, makes for a very nice fit for a Tri-cree and lens with no worries about it rattling around in the BH.
    My only issue with this BH, its impossible to slide the BH in from the bottom of the Graflex body. Sometimes taking the option away for using the slide switch on the left of the red button. At least for me anyhow.
    After a little measuring, and contemplating, I came to a solution that I thought was pretty clever. Though I'm not sure its been done, I'm sharing anyway. Just in case some one wants to add this to their arsenal of saber/install knowledge.
    I started by wiring up the sort of switch mentioned in the FX forums for use with install of a TGS Graflex adapter. I did have to sand one side of it to sit in the slot of the TCSS BH flush when putting it in the Graflex top.
    Then I did this

After having measured where the ground down part on the inside of the Graflex switch would "land".
    I let it cool for a bit, put all of it in the freezer for about 10 minutes. When I was done I was able to pull it free from the slot, thus making a molded piece that came to look like this

After trimming the sides of the hot glue, I am now able to push this into the slot while the BH is in the Graflex top

I can then do the rest of my wires (LED, AUX switch) and run my chassis down the 440 threaded rod, to mount and wire in my SB. I've tested the switch set up several times and it works like a champ.
    Granted this may be a little crude, but it does work all the same. It could of course be done with a piece of plastic, or the like. But I thought I might offer this up as an alternative using very little time and material. In total I spent about 30 minutes setting this up.
    I hope this helps or fosters ideas for anyone else attempting an install of this sort.
    Thanks for looking