Thread: Chassis Disk Measuring

Default Chassis Disk Measuring

I've been designing my first saber for about a month now and I'm in the final stages of my design. So I've been able to find that my hilt has a 1.25" ID, so i'm curious, should I design a chassis with 1.24" OD ? Or should I go somewhat smaller, like 1.14", if I do go 1.14" would it move around a lot whenever I'm dueling? I would think that If I did go 1.24" there wouldnt be enough space for me to pull it out whenever I need to or its too snug of a fit. I know how to build a chassis, but this is my first saber, and didn't know how much space I should give my chassis without it wiggling around in my saber and causing noise. Any thoughts or guidance is much appreciated

Blog Entries

If you are using 4-40 rods to assemble everything having a chassis with a 1.14" OD inside a 1.25" ID will experience some flex because the rods are so thin. And the longer the chassis the more flex it will have.

1.24" will not prevent you from being able to remove the chassis. Other things may, but not that. The discs for typical 1.25" ID MHS V1 parts are 1.24."
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

So it doesnt look like they have any Chassis Discs in stock...

I did buy this already. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...kers-P887.aspx

Is this not reliable to act as a holder for the 4-40 rod?

Blog Entries

Yes that accepts the 4-40, but that's only one part of the chassis.

What does your full chassis design look like? Got pics, drawings, renders? All of the acrylic discs look to be in stock. Depending on design that may be all you need, as the v5 speaker holder acts as a lock. So in theory, you wouldn't necessarily need any of the aluminum discs.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末