Thread: AV Switch Terminals Wiring

Default AV Switch Terminals Wiring

So we all know that soldering is the number one way most of us wire our AV Switches. But what if you want to change out colors or designs?! You have to re-solder and hope your joints stay strong after multiple changes. Well, is there a way to quick connect DIRECTLY to the switch for really easy wiring?

Has anyone tried finding/using Female Wiring Terminals that fit the small 2mm (.079in) wiring terminals on the bottom of a switch?

!!NOTICE!! Do not try to sell me some or refer me to a shop. Obey the forum rules!! I just want to know if it is even a thing being done in the Saber community or if we all just solder and leave it be.

I don't know about connectors for the switch legs, but I've used JST connectors for the swiches.

Generic beat me to the JST suggestion. You might be able to find spade terminal connectors small enough for the legs.

One thing you will need to think about is the cramfu associated with those connectors. They might be bulky.

I've never seen anyone use that type of connector in a saber before. No real reason you couldn't, except for space concerns.

To go along with what Generic Jedi said, it's more common to attach a JST connector to your switch and swap it out that way.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I was asking about those too. No one answered so I tried them. Now my pcb doesn't fit inside the hilt. Those little 2mm connectors increase the width just enough outside diameter.