Hello,

I am sure that I am going to ask some basic questions that are already answered in another post; I apologize in advance. The reason for this is because I am trying to create a Darth Maul build for the 501st and I just found out that the Menace SE from Ultrasabers will not be approved. Also, the Saberforge Mauler does not have all the parts in stock and cannot/will not tell me if they will come back into stock.

All of the Force FX are selling for $400/hilt well outside what I am willing to spend right now; however, I did find a set for $400 and only have a short window to decide. Then someone showed me the DM1 Saber Kit http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/DM...it--P1227.aspx I also found out that someone was able to get their DM1 approved. So because of my tight deadline here are my questions:

1) Would you suggest the MR Force FX (modded or not modded) or the DM1

2) I read the thread (looks straightforward) but how difficult is the conversion of the MR in reality.

3) How much would someone estimate it would cost to do the complete build off of the DM1 kit. I got confused on exactly what parts I need from the "Sabers for Dummies List" because of the kit aspect and I didn't know how updated

4) How difficult are the builds?

Thank you in advance for all the advice and bring on the criticism for being a noob.