Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Second MHS Saber

Default Second MHS Saber

Greetings! I've been lurking for a while now, but this is the first time I have started a new thread. I am constantly awed by the tremendous amount of talent and creativity that is shared by other members and I am humbled to finally share something in return. I have had several questions during my introduction to saber building -- all of which were answered by the abundant information contained within these incredible forums. Additionally, I couldn't have created either of my sabers without the helpful and ever-informative instructional videos by Madcow (Rob). I must have watched some of them at least ten times before I placed my first order with The Custom Saber Shop. I had never even picked up a soldering iron before setting foot into this hobby, but after watching Madcow's videos I was able to build something of which I am proud. Lastly, I'd like to give a shout-out to Tim and everyone at The Custom Saber Shop. Their craftsmanship, which shows in every piece they produce, is exceptional and their customer service is bar none.

Alas, after several months, I have my first two custom sabers -- both are almost exclusively MHS. This particular saber is actually my second, but it is the first that has come together in a "finished" state. When planning out the design for this saber, I drew heavily upon the shape of Ven Zallow's saber from the SWTOR "Deceived" trailer.

The Specs:
    Prizm v4
    Tri-Cree R/G/rB
    2.1 mm recharge port
    Li-ion 18650
    3.5 mm RICE port
    2W 28 mm bass speaker
    3D printed chassis

The glams:
    rsz_20170131_181142.jpgrsz_20170131_181204.jpgrsz_20170131_181235.jpgrsz_20170131_181309.jpgrsz_20170131_181531.jpgrsz_20170131_181721.jpgrsz_20170131_181748.jpgrsz_120170131_181806.jpg

Thank you and may the Force be with you.

Looks fantastic! Great job on the weathering.
    If you refuse to bridge the gap, You will always be on the other side.

Great job. Nice weathering.

Nicely done!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Nice! I like it
    Join me, join the dark side!

To echo everyone else, great weathering.

I also especially like the vertical grooves in the body section.

Thank you all for the kind words.

Love the weathering. I really need to give that a go on my old republic saber. I think it would just set it off nice. But I'm a bit scared to screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalan the Exiled View Post
    But I'm a bit scared to screw it up.
    As long as you are doing paint only weathering, any mistakes will come off with paint remover, and the body underneath will be just like new.

Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    As long as you are doing paint only weathering, any mistakes will come off with paint remover, and the body underneath will be just like new.
    Exactly -- you beat me to it. And all I did was brush on some acrylic paint and wipe it off with a paper towel. Nothing too complicated.
    The Force shall free me.