Thread: Hello from South Jersey

Default Hello from South Jersey

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself. Been lurking for a while and finally decided to join the forum a couple weeks ago. Currently working on 2 MR (2005 vader and Anakin) sabers, and one new HBS Luke ANH. Anyway. Just had my first experience with TCSS and couldn't be happier. Just finished an LED upgrade to my Vader and wow...what a difference. I picked this up cheap and it was in bad shape. Had the infamous "sticky grip" syndrome and just completely a mess really. Decided to just take it down to bare bones and go to work. Ordered the following:

1 Heatsink module for 1" ID tubes with center hole
    1 Red Cree XP-E2 CopperNova
    1 Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
    1 Cree/Rebel Lens Holder and thermal tape

Ordered that stuff on the 26th and it was here today! very fast and very happy with the results. THANK YOU TCSS!
    I'm not one for "dueling" but more into display and collecting with my 9yr old son. I didnt order the machined blade holder but figure i will eventually for all of my sabers. I really like the idea of having removable blades to have options for display, plus i can let the kid mess around with them without worrying about string LED's breaking. Anyway, just finished this up about an hour ago and thought i'd share. Thanks again TCSS

This shows the sticky and i mean sticky grips...

Used a green scotch brite pad with some dish detergent and just went at it gently and got some decent results

Now, i wish i had taken some photos if the install for the led but its pretty much covered on the tutorial for the MR VADER SABER. So now it looks like this...

Like i said, couldn't be happier. Next up are the Luke and Anakin. Then i plan to do a few builds. Great Shop and great forum. Keep up the good work guys.

Blog Entries

Welcome aboard.

Whereabouts in SJ? I am originally from Vineland back when it wasn't "Little Camden."
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Thanks darth-chasm. "little camden" haha! i'm up in Gibbsboro/Voorhees area now. Was in Hammonton but moved my family back here about 5 yrs ago. Originally from Lindenwold which REALLY is "little Camden" now days.

Blog Entries

You can call me DC. Everyone else does

Ah I know Voorhees and Hammonton. I used to play hockey in Voorhees every once in a while and had relatives and friends/girlfriends in Hammonton.

Well, happy sabering.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Welcome aboard.

Whereabouts in SJ? I am originally from Vineland back when it wasn't "Little Camden."
    I'm from Camden Camden myself too! (Not Vineland which is why I said Camden Camden XD)

Bones I'm a jersey guy myself originally actual Camden and now Mount Holly. Welcome I'm quite new here myself (but was a very long time lurker due to intimidation from the amazing work of the other Smiths here.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSyProject View Post
    I'm from Camden Camden myself too! (Not Vineland which is why I said Camden Camden XD)
    Sorry to hear it

No need to be intimidated. We all started somewhere and were all beginners at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Sorry to hear it

No need to be intimidated. We all started somewhere and were all beginners at one point.
    Lol I'm not, it made me want to be better then the usual Camden kids so I joined the military about 3 years ago and what do you know they screwed me back in to Camden pretty much ! I'm not anymore to be honest I wanted to start building vapers ago time ago as a hobby but the soldering knowledge from that never got applied but, in this new hobby I'm good to go just some minor stuff I'm still trying to learn.