Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My First Saber

Join me, join the dark side!

Unfortunately, the MWS system is not a simply "plug-and-play" set up....there are so many variations of individual sabers built using the MWS, that it wouldn't be possible to cover them all, so some amount of soldering will be required to get everything you have to work together. And I would agree with Greg, wire the switch's led to the pad, unless you only want it to come on when the saber is activated.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Unfortunately, the MWS system is not a simply "plug-and-play" set up....there are so many variations of individual sabers built using the MWS, that it wouldn't be possible to cover them all, so some amount of soldering will be required to get everything you have to work together. And I would agree with Greg, wire the switch's led to the pad, unless you only want it to come on when the saber is activated.
    You're right even though i wish a plug-and-play kit in the store hmm would propably be too much work ...

I assume i'll have to change my electronics built and not use the MWS parts. I hope i can save some money doing it the soldering way.

I have started to research more about nano biscotte v3. There is a pad on the board that will power accent LED's 3.3v 20ma max; the accent LED on the av switch is 2.0v at 20ma. i'm picked out http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/20...?ItemId=400310 . hope that will work. I also want to say thank you to both of you.

That will do the job.

i've picked out this LED http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Cu...%2c1035%2c1040 which is Amber, Red-Orange, and white for FoC. do i need 1.2 ohm 3 watt or do i need 2 ohm 1w resisters for the red and amber?
    Last edited by AlainCrusade; 01-30-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Well you need the 1.2 Ohm for the red and the other two you have to calc..

Forgot to mention that it is a good practice to resistor the LED's as especiall, you are using 3 different dies...

The 1.2 Ohm 3 Watt resistors are good for both the amber and red orange LEDs.