Thread: Mounting blade without a retention screw

Default Mounting blade without a retention screw

Hello, just finishing a couple of new builds, one an old minicam with a MHS adapter and mount, the second still finishing electronics wise, a K4....I was working out some different ways to mount the blade in the MHS mount without a retention screw, thought it would mess with the asthetics, and came up with a method that has worked really well, even in the hands of my 10 yr, and believe me, the kid can tear up a rock in 5 seconds, this has probably been done a million times but I thought I would share it anyway, I have a good one inch depth of blade in mount and wrapped just one layer of pipe tape 3/4" up blade and screwed into mount same direction as tape applied, very very solid fit with no movement even with dueling, and can be quickly removed with no tools, hope its helpful for others looking for similar solution. probably need to be redone after a couple of uses, but cheap and easy.

WIN_20170130_12_46_48_Pro.jpg

Nice looking saber. Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by JB7 View Post
    one inch depth of blade in mount and wrapped just one layer of pipe tape 3/4" up blade and screwed into mount same direction as tape applied,
    What do you mean by pipe tape? Teflon tape, like you would use to seal pipe threads?

Yes, sorry should have specified Teflon, tape is easy to take on and off as well...thanks on the hilt, was first build and really nothing was planned, it went thru a couple of home made shrouds, but the MHS fits so good and of course I can change mounts easy, ripped a board and speaker out of $30 store saber and wired to $2 battery holder, and a cree led from TCSS, was able to use the switch that came with board and modified the existing minicam button you see to activate it, grips are TCSS as well, a little trial and error, but son and I are pleased with the build, now have to finish k4 electronics, really love that hilt