Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: homage to an homage.... a build log (**pic heavy**)

This saber looks great so far! I can't wait to see the finished product.
    The Force shall free me.

Found from Facebook! Love this build. Definitely want one of my own some day...

Fantastic!

I'm wondering: how did you do the weathering?

Quote Originally Posted by Anoril View Post
    Fantastic!

I'm wondering: how did you do the weathering?
    It was all done with aluminum black after a good sanding with 280 grit....the "lighter" places were done by diluting the aluminum black in water and letting the parts sit and the darker spots like where the flex pins are were done with direct application via q-tip. Then scuffed in certain places with a green scotchbrite pad....the Knicks and dings were done with a file then filled with aluminum black.

Thanks for the explanation!

No problem! Small update.... crystal chamber nearing completion just received that last of the material for the chassis. I will probably not post pics until I get everything completed or very near to it. Thanks again for all the interest!

Ok guys heres the last photos for probably a good while. the only thing I really feel needs to be done is tome sort of etching on the chassis tube, but other then that iam going to call this done! Here it is my derelict build!

I hope you enjoy! Thanks to everyone that has helped and followed this saber build from start to finish! There is a guy that I won a font from and I told him I would make sure everybody knew who he was and that it was going into this saber and I will do that as soon as I remember who it is

The guys name is Kiennen Schade! I believe he goes by KSith on saberfont. The font I won was Guardian Its a great font and I highly recommend it!

This looks fantastic Jake. I'm doing a similar build, based off a saber that was done by Obi-Shane. I'll start a build log with pics soon. One question regarding your crystal chamber; I see that you have it bolted on top of your 3d printed chassis, but how did you secure the other end of the chamber in the ribbed section? Again, fantastic work.

Thanks

The top is attached to the gear section and then the gear section is held in place by the bottom control box screw. (acts as a set screw) Thanks for the compliment! Good luck with your build!