Thread: homage to an homage.... a build log (**pic heavy**)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This looks fantastic Jake. I'm doing a similar build, based off a saber that was done by Obi-Shane. I'll start a build log with pics soon. One question regarding your crystal chamber; I see that you have it bolted on top of your 3d printed chassis, but how did you secure the other end of the chamber in the ribbed section? Again, fantastic work.

Thanks

The top is attached to the gear section and then the gear section is held in place by the bottom control box screw. (acts as a set screw) Thanks for the compliment! Good luck with your build!

Fantastic work! I especially like how you can see part of the crystal even with the main cover on. BTW, how is that main cover connected? Just by the threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
    Fantastic work! I especially like how you can see part of the crystal even with the main cover on. BTW, how is that main cover connected? Just by the threads?
    Yes that is how it's connected. The loss of material is so little that all it does is kind of jiggle a little...barely any light shows through on the sides. I felt that it was ok. I really wanted to add a hinge of some sort but I just honestly ran out of time. I may do more to the saber come winter.

Looks like a nice solid build there
    "But you are mistaken. I am no Jedi"

I love this thing... thanks for watching the video!