Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Only took me a year or two... or five

Blog Entries

That's impeccable! Nice work.

Using files alone to shape your sleeve!?! Talk about convictions...all the hours.....months of work put in to it is more then enough to classify yourself as a sabersmith now brother. And like jbkuma said....get a some nibblers....it will save you buttloads of time. Also your saber design looks real good, and really like your core.

Great looking saber!

Quote Originally Posted by minorhero View Post
    Wow! Great job! Are those copper rings around the emitter? How did you make that happen?
    The style 16 blade holder comes from Tim with two grooves on the neck. All I did was find some medium gauge copper wire, cut and shape it into the appropriate ring size, and epoxy it down. There's a seam that would be visible, except it's covered by the sleeve material (which conveniently hides the hole for the blade retention screw as well). Had a bit of a scare in that I used JB Weld at first, then it started popping up in places the next day. Turns out superglue gel was the correct adhesive to use in that situation.
    Boring conversation anyway...

Thanks for the compliments, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixHawk View Post
    Using files alone to shape your sleeve!?! Talk about convictions...all the hours.....months of work put in to it is more then enough to classify yourself as a sabersmith now brother. And like jbkuma said....get a some nibblers....it will save you buttloads of time. Also your saber design looks real good, and really like your core.
    Oh hell no on the nibblers... I'm back in the states now, with my own garage and everything! I'm going to be running that Dremel at full blast at 3 AM! LOL....

Yeah, I was in school in Japan while working on this, so there really wasn't much else for me to do. Get up, go to school, come home, whittle on saber sleeve, go out drinking with friends, rinse, repeat. But it's those memories that make this saber special to me, and why I was so happy somebody was able to help me get it going.
    Boring conversation anyway...

Looks good.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Fantastic work. Very nice. And outstanding patience (which is an admirable quality in a Jedi).

Awesome work! Beautiful shroudwork and design - your patience has paid off!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Gorgeous saber! I love how it isn't in your face, it's quite crisp and shiny, and all of the details are there in a way that add together without overpowering or crowding the design. Superb work!