Thread: Korbanth K4 Chassis Solutions?

Default Korbanth K4 Chassis Solutions?

Have there been any solutions for a chassis in a Korbanth K4? I realized that these just got shipped but I had no idea that the ID would be that small. Looks like it will only accommodate a 20 mm speaker. Any suggestions? I guess the Goth 3d all-in-one for the KR hilts would work but those use NB 3 only and no recharge port.

Did you go for one of Darth Rio's chassis? I've used a couple of his modular chassis in a saberforge before, really rate his work

I'm currently torn between a k4 and a Romans Inception, love both of those hilts, bur i hear the romans is a bit of a pain in the but to install a sound board. How did you get in with the K4?

Darth Ryo's (/GOTH 3Designs) standard 7/8" chassis parts fits perfectly in the K4. I'm awaiting the last electronics for my build, but it'll be a 18650 battery, NEC Spark 2 (same width as NBv3), 20mm speaker. If you look under GOTH 3Designs' Standard .87" chassis parts, there's a holder for a 18650 battery, a holder for either a NBv3 or one for larger boards, and a holder for a 20mm speaker and a recharge port.

I don't think there be any issue with installing the sound board in the K4. It's a straight tube of 7/8" ID running for the grenade section all the way down to the pommel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobezno View Post
    Sly Tools in Shapeways. Specific chassis for the K4, with crystal chamber or without.
    I'm attempting to use the Sly Tools Twin Suns Chassis in my K4 and I'm having an issue where the pommel is making contact with the speaker and making a horrible buzzing sound once it's screwed all the way on. Anyone else have a similar problem? I probably need to get just a few more millimeters of space but that hilt and chassis are a tight combination as-is. I used a retaining screw on the chassis but still need a little more space.

Thanks for any tips.

May be a trim ring would give you clearance. What pommel and insert are you using?