Thread: BuckPuck vs Resistor ... And a q. About a Switch

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default BuckPuck vs Resistor ... And a q. About a Switch

Yes, it's me again. Sick of me yet? Lol. I have another few questions and just want to confirm the info that I have tried to take from other posts...

So I plan to use a Tri-Cree LED(R,Gr,B) as I want the Lightsaber to change colours (YES, colours has a U in it :P haha). Now I'll be totally honest, the whole resistor thing went straight over my head! Not a clue! But with me using the Tri-Cree LED, each colour needs to be @ 1000mA. So to do this, it would be best to use a BuckPuck 1000mA.. Is that correct??... And is worth getting the 6 wire version over the 4 wires? I presume the 6 wires give you more option to do things? Such as adjust brightness, I think I read somewhere.

Second question, For the switch am I correct that I want a latching switch. A latching switch is where if I want to turn on the light, I press the button and can remove my thumb and carry on and not have to bother with it till I want to turn it off. Then to turn it off, I press the button again.. is that correct? Or do I have it the wrong way round? Meanwhile. The AV Ring switch, is the colour a fixed colour, or can that be changed as you change the colour of the saber so they match? And is it worth me buying the MWS switch, or the Male/Female Connector Kit, as I'm tryin to keep it all modular...

**I thought about adding this, so if someone can help, they have more of an idea of what I want to produce. More of the complete picture... Im starting to worry I'm adding to many LEDs for the LED Driver, with the Switch too. Am I pushing it to much?. But...
    I will be including a crystal chamber, that was my main reason of doing this for my nephew. I want a clear crystal that the a LED can change colour to match the blade

After this I will be moving onto the power supply, so I am trying to work out which battery is best to use, and if doing something like a recharge port, or Battery packs, or Li-ion pack would be best. I know there is much to look up and to find out the best to use, but before that I would like to add.. Thank you to everyone who has helped and advised in me so far, I'm sure I'll have many more questions, but I would like to say thanks to everyone who has helped in what ever way possible!! I do really appreciate it!!
    Last edited by Bitchnerd; 01-24-2017 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Missing something.