Quote Originally Posted by Bitchnerd View Post
I guess this takes up a bit less room? It has the colours and the sounds and many other 'bells and whistles' that come with it. So is there alternatives to use or would this be the best option?
Single 3.7V cell takes up less room, and is cheaper. Best is a tough one. Prizm is the cheapest and simplest board that supports color changing. Take a look at the comparison chart. At the end of the day, best is going to depend on you, your skills, and your plans for this particular saber.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitchnerd View Post
I haven't got round to reading the resistor calculation link you sent yet, but I did manage to look at part of the first post, I know I should of carried on reading but I just wanted to ask, would I be right that to work out the calculations for the resistor I need, for each colour, I'm going to need to know the battery I'm using, and to know what battery I'm going to use I'm going to have to decide on a soundboard? Would that be correct?
That's correct. The soundcard dictates the battery. The battery voltage is critical to the resistor calculation.