Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Dcls-005

I like the gun metal better then if it was painted black because it shows the look of different types of metals in just one piece. And your entire saber achieved its look without the use of any paint. Its looking very cool darth chasm.

Very nice for sure. I think that gunmetal finish works for some reason though. Different and cool. I'd actually go for a red blade if it were up to me though :P I also like that pommel design
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Another little update for this beast.

Did a little anodizing. Unfortunately, it did not come out black as intended, but the "gun metal" result is kinda cool. Still deciding if it should be left alone or painted black. Also, some pieces for the chamber and the cool little fluorite crystal that will be installed.

Maybe this is a sabersmiths secret, but how are you getting these very interesting, creative looking chassis disks? From comments made here, like myself it sounds like you don't have a ton of specialized metal crafting equipment.

Blog Entries

I design and 3D print them. But you could probably do something similar with the discs from TCSS and a little creativity, files and glue.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    I design and 3D print them. But you could probably do something similar with the discs from TCSS and a little creativity, files and glue.
    Ya that's all very foreign to me. The only 3D printing I have seen was plastic stuff and who knows how you turn that into a metal. I don't get how your doing this type of work, but your doing a great job. It all looks amazing to me.

Blog Entries

These were printed in metal. But I also discovered a way to plate plastic prints. The DCLS-004 build log shows that.

Thanks, I'm going to have to research that stuff.

Very nice design. Love the copper emitter, that had to be expensive! I looked into getting some large diameter brass and copper but I will have to wait until I get better at fabrication. How did you make the wire loop for your D-ring?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by k6gad View Post
    Very nice design. Love the copper emitter, that had to be expensive! I looked into getting some large diameter brass and copper but I will have to wait until I get better at fabrication. How did you make the wire loop for your D-ring?
    Thanks. It's pretty easy to do with the right tool. I have the one on the bottom.

59247f2a12fd582a21950cf794f48cab.jpg

Blog Entries

Last edited by darth_chasm; 07-27-2018 at 05:08 PM.