Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Copper Vanguard

Blog Entries

I like that activation box, or LED accent, or whatever the sticking-up thing is. Did you make that from pipe (so that it fit on a curved surface) or did you make it from a flat piece of metal (and alter the hilt to accommodate it)? I'm asking because I need an activation box, but they seem to be in short supply. I have some really thick aluminum tube that fits the MHS parts. I was thinking of making box from that.

Also, how did you attach the magnets to the metal? Did you use epoxy/glue, or did you screw it in somehow? (I imagine magnets are brittle).

It's a beautiful saber. The etching is unbelievable, and the color is just gorgeous. Nice work!

Agreed with all that's been said. Love the rich colors, and I loves me some etching as well.
    I particularly like the crystal chamber, with all the greeblies and detail.
    Fine fine job on this!

Love everything about it. A perfect saber imo.

Saw this on Facebook - it's spectacular. I'd love to see a build thread if you catalogued the build! You've got some impressive features there!

Thank you everyone I appreciate the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by hapki View Post
    I like that activation box, or LED accent, or whatever the sticking-up thing is. Did you make that from pipe (so that it fit on a curved surface) or did you make it from a flat piece of metal (and alter the hilt to accommodate it)? I'm asking because I need an activation box, but they seem to be in short supply. I have some really thick aluminum tube that fits the MHS parts. I was thinking of making box from that.

Also, how did you attach the magnets to the metal? Did you use epoxy/glue, or did you screw it in somehow? (I imagine magnets are brittle).

It's a beautiful saber. The etching is unbelievable, and the color is just gorgeous. Nice work!
    I used flat aluminum bar. I milled the area on the hilt flat at the attachment point and milled out and hand shaped the bar to how you see it. I used the mill to get the basic shape and the recess for the switches then a belt sander to get the curves and a palm sander to get things nice and smooth, then hand wet sand to get the sand marks out, quick polish. The switches are mounted to a milled delrin chassis.

For the magnets I used if memory serves 5/16 diameter neo's and milled a shollow 5/16" pocket in the hilt to hold them and affixed them with the weld of JB

Quote Originally Posted by dioggi View Post
    Saw this on Facebook - it's spectacular. I'd love to see a build thread if you catalogued the build! You've got some impressive features there!
    I know I took some pictures i'll try to find them. it all depends if they are on my current phone or the phone I broke.

Soooo pretty! Nice work man!
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

I absolutely love this saber. I was inspired by your Orgus Din, and attempted one based off of it. Your's turned out much better than mine. This is a really dope saber. Well done.

The level of detail and the way the whole look of the hilt flows is amazing. Excellent work.

Gorgeous saber all the way around. Beautiful etching work, very clever idea with the magnets!

Just a magnificent looking saber. I'm always a fan of copper.