Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Copper Vanguard

Default Copper Vanguard

Hello forums! Its been a while. recently I made a few vanguards and one in particular had a lot of changes to it and really stands on its own from the rest so I would like to share it. The original was based of an Orgus Din but after all the additions to the original it distances itself I think from that. the leather wrap is out the window and instead I did some machining and did a trans copper powdercoat which I love the richness of the color. also added a few other touches of that color in other places. Also it is has some more etching added to in on the lower grip that the other ones I made did not have. Still has a crystal chamber and a simple core also the shroud is held with magnets but has a single screw that can be used when dueling.

Specs:

modified MHSv1
    Tri Cree xpe2 RGrB
    3400 mah Panasonic 3.7v batt
    2w bass speaker
    machined delrin chassis
    acid etching on shroud and grip
    trans copper and black chrome powdercoat
    crystal chamber
    magnet attached shroud

pics:

Thank you for taking a look

Well, that just gorgeous. I love it. Great work once again snilam.

Agreed. That's some beautiful work.

Blog Entries

Gorgeous as always.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

That's a beautiful saber. I like the magnet idea for easy access when you're displaying the saber.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Beautiful work! Everything from the color scheme to the weathering to the shroud is gorgeous!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Gorgeous saber! I love the etching.

Beautiful saber. The etching, the weathering, the chamber reveal, all fantastic.

Very nice.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Fabulous. Love the color, machining and etching. Heck, I love it all. Great idea for the magnet shroud covering the crystal chamber too.