Thread: Issue with nano biscotte v3

Default Issue with nano biscotte v3

So wired it up and everything works as far as I can tell. However, my leds are on all the time. Even when I put the kill key in and refresh it, the two reds and the white are always on. Not sure what to do.

Sounds like you've wired it incorrectly, or you have some connections shorted together. Pics would help.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Sounds like you've wired it incorrectly, or you have some connections shorted together. Pics would help.
    I tried going through and cleaning it up as best I can. Still having the same issue though here's pics of it as is
    IMG_1033.jpgIMG_1034.jpgIMG_1036.jpg

The picture is a bit out of focus, but I'd have to say you likely have a solder bridge in there....looks you have too much solder on those joints.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

From what I can see with your pictures.....the third one showing the sound board(NB), hopefully you haven't blown the board. Looks like to me you have solder touching the connection next to it on almost all of them. Get some wick and clean the solder off all of the connection points and redo it. The spots that have multi-wires on them use some shrink tube and a single wire and jumper them all together, then sliding the shrink tube over the group of wires and the one wire and solder that one wire to the board. It takes patience an practice to solder such small wire to these little sound boards and to make sure each solder connections don't touch each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    The picture is a bit out of focus, but I'd have to say you likely have a solder bridge in there....looks you have too much solder on those joints.
    Workin on cleaning but still as I said in my first post: It works. Charges right up and everything. The leds just stay on constantly without activation the second you pull the kill key or recharger. Also Deep Sllep seems non functional as my crystal chamber is constantly illuminated. Maybe hawks right and I did fry something
    Last edited by LightsaberToothedTiger; 01-21-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LightsaberToothedTiger View Post
    Workin on cleaning but still as I said in my first post: It works. Charges right up and everything. The leds just stay on constantly without activation the second you pull the kill key or recharger.
    That is most likely do to the bridged solder points.

Quote Originally Posted by LightsaberToothedTiger View Post
    Workin on cleaning but still as I said in my first post: It works. Charges right up and everything. The leds just stay on constantly without activation the second you pull the kill key or recharger. Also Deep Sllep seems non functional as my crystal chamber is constantly illuminated. Maybe hawks right and I did fry something
    The led coming on when you pull the kill key is a good indicator of a short in the led circuit.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixHawk View Post
    That is most likely do to the bridged solder points.
    Just finished tediously cleaning all the pads and making sure there's is absolutely no excess solder on/near pads. I really don't think bridged pads are the cause, 'due' to the fact that nothing has changed. At all. Everything works, but leds are constantly on. I will just take it apart and restart and follow a different wiring diagram. Thanks for the help guys!

Now we are getting somewhere. thank you jay! I didn't think of that! Will let ya know!

I think jay was right. But it could have been a bridged pad I suppose. I think it was the positive wire running from the led module to the recharge port having a crappy connection. Everything works now. Thanks for the advice all.