Thread: Prizm 4 accent led resistor question(s)

Default Prizm 4 accent led resistor question(s)

Hello all,

Trying to figure out the prizm accent led pads. In the manual it shows a space for resistors, but on my board I don't see any empty spaces? Do I have to remove the ones that are there? Thanks for helpin a newb!

Are your pads just bridged or are there actually SMD resistors there? Do you have a pic?
    If they are just bridged then you can inline wire your resistor.

I think there are already resistors in each spot, even though the manual shows/states there are empty spots. Do I need to remove these? Just a newb trying to confirm... Not happy with an outdated manual.
    resistorssmaller.jpg

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure they are 0 ohm resistors or "jumpers" that act as a bridge for the pads. You can either remove and replace them with the appropriate value surface mount resistors or use inline resistors.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

goodgood.jpg
    That makes sense! I hope that is the case, the manual is wrong either way because it shows two pads without anything (where you can put your own resistor, or bridge and do inline). Very confusing for newbies!

The manual simply has old pictures from when the board was a "professional installers only" product (Petit crouton versions 1.4-2.0). When the board went into production for the general public, the jumpers were added to save people the headache of trying to solder SMD resistors by hand with God only knows what kinds of soldering irons and tips.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Blog Entries

Those are 0805. You should get the 0603 package size.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Thanks! Browsing that site is like a needle in a haystack ��