Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First from-scratch build. Old Republic style

That's a great idea - incorporating the collars and brass struts. Depending on how I design it, that could work really well.

As a personal preference I'd stay away from the circuitboard design. Personally I think those designs look too busy. But that up to you lol

Regarding drilling into the threads. I did that in my first build and it went fine. You just gotta be prepared to loosen the threads back up if they bind on you...maybe more experienced people can lend you a hand there. But I ended up drilling a hole through the female threads first, without the male in, cleaning them up and making sure everything moved freely, and then inserting everything, then doing the male. But you gotta remember that the heatsink will change how the parts clock.
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands