Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yet Another Newbie Looking For Help

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixHawk View Post
    Bro soldering is not that hard...and you don't need a shop spot in your house to practice....just go to Hobby Lobby...or Michael's...witch ever hobby supply store you have close by, and get one of those Gridded Cutting Mats, some .025" (..or .030") solder(i have Kester 63/37 .60mm-.025"-) a good adjustable soldering iron(Aoyue 469 variable soldering station from Amazon is a good one and inexpensive...think its 30 or 40 bucks) and set up shop on you kitchen table...and put it in a closet when your done, so the wifie dosen't freak out.(once the iron cools off ...of course.)
    Thank you for the suggestions. For now I'm going JSTs but I will definitely look into the soldering iron you suggested. I put it on my Wish List on Amazon for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinMill View Post
    Eureka... (maybe) After a bit of additional thought, there is one possibility you might be interested in, at least for the short term if soldering isn't on your radar just yet:
    A 1000mA buckpuck (constant current LED driver). http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Bu...wire-P364.aspx
    With that and a JST connector kit or two you would be set. Instead of soldering, it would just need a needle nose pliers to crimp the connector onto the wires.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlobrecht View Post
    There is a MWS version of the buckpuck.
    Thanks guys! I went ahead and ordered a latching switch, the buck puck and some extra JSTs and female JSTs. I figure that would make it the easiest to switch between hilts as my collection expands. Since I'm not doing any heavy dueling, the JSTs will do for the time being.

So the hilt that I want to install the stunt into has arrived. Didn't think I would be saying this but... It's too thin. (1.1ish ID)

First off, wrong LED heatsink module. Should've gotten V2 which I realize now... I was able to remove the LED star from the heatsink so I will order another one that will fit. (Along with a thermal pad.)

Secondly, the AAA 4x battery holder is a mm or two larger than it needs to be to fit. This throws out my whole buckpuck setup out the window. Looks like the only solution now is to get a single li-ion battery and/or holder that will fit. But then that won't be enough power to run through the buckpuck. :Sigh:.

The only battery that will probably fit is a single 18650 or 14500 running at 3.7v. This means I'm back to having to deal with resistors and no means of soldering them into the line.

Any suggestions/help you guys can provide? Thank you!
    Last edited by MagisterLudi; 01-28-2017 at 06:29 PM.