Thread: charge port placement and threading question?

Default charge port placement and threading question?

I need help trying to figure out charge port placement (bottom of hilt or top?) and if the fluted extension tubes can be threaded well for the port or if it is just easier to go with the external nut to hold the port in place? I will be using a prizm 4 and internal chassis system. I have attached a few photos for the options i am looking at. As always any help is greatly appreciated. SaberBuilder_render-charge port.jpgSaberBuilder_render-w charge port.jpgSaberBuilder_render-first build alternate.jpg

I've used a threaded recharge port hole in the middle of a 4" fluted extension. It was a bit tricky to install, but I liked how the port was flush with the hilt rather than having an external nut. Based on the design pics, I don't think you should have too much of a problem using a threaded recharge port hole since it is close to an opening on the extension.

Excellent! Thank you for the help and quick reply! That was the last question I think I needed answered before ordering everything.

I prefer a method I developed several years ago...it uses a piece of 1 1/4" pvc sink drain modified to act as a c-clip, which will hold the recharge port in place without having to thread the hole. Details can be found here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...l=1#post116287

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Looks good! Thanks for the link! This might become addicting with all the possibilities....