Thread: Temple Guard Monstrosity

Blog Entries

Default Temple Guard Monstrosity

After negotiating space limitations, accommodations for FOUR speakers, ID/OD dimensions of various pieces of shroud material, I think I am finally ready to get started on the Temple Guard lightsaber.

The canon temple guard lightsaber has overlapping leaf-like around pieces, like this. I originally planned on using this model, but I don't really like the look. I found another version of the temple guard lightsaber pike. Here's a picture:
    Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 2.36.00 PM.jpg
    This emitter looks better to me. I'm still investigating where this image came from.
    I had two blade holder style 6 from an ongoing staff build. When I tried these with trim ring 2, I loved the look.
    IMG_0716.jpg
    Plus, using the brass shroud material over the MHS gear has potential for a cool light effect, as light filters through the channels.

So, here's the layout I'm leaning toward:
    IMG_0714.jpg

I know it is a monstrosity. It will be really heavy once I add the standard shroud material AND the brass shroud material. Plus, on each end, I'm using a CF v. 7.5s with the 3400 mAh battery pack. Each end will include a bass speaker adjacent to the slotted MHS piece in the center, plus a premium speaker toward the emitter. Sound on the emitter end will resonate through vertical slots between shroud material. I also plan on doing some cool but subtle etching on the brass. Each set of speakers will be powered through a stereo amp. I've used these before with good results.

The main goal is for this thing to feel ALIVE when ignited. I think the four bass speakers will resonate throughout the pike and make it feel like it is humming. I will have some space for crystal chambers in the slotted pieces, but I'm holding off on that for a while. I'll pre-wire it for a crystal chamber though.

Anyway, that's where I'm going with this monstrosity.

Blog Entries

Or, maybe I'll go with the angled, overlapping shroud, like the one here:

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 3.17.50 PM.jpg

I could do that using these parts. The MHS Gear fits perfectly inside the brass tubing, holding it in place. The TCSS shroud material fits perfectly inside the brass tubing, so I could make the overlapping pieces. The overlap could also occur down toward the center of the pike.

IMG_0717.jpg

I keep going back and forth on it...What do you think?

I prefer the over lapping shroud.I just think it would make it more realistic and look better.But it's your choice.Chosse which one you like best.

I also like the overlapping shroud. It sounds like the layering will be quite nice.

Blog Entries

I agree. I also think the other emitter is more Sithy. I'll save it for a dark side project.

Definitely prefer the overlapping shroud...I've always loved the temple guard pike.

Not sure if you've seen this pic or not, but this is possibly the best reference I've seen of the temple guard pike. As you can see, the shourds roughly make up for about 2/3 of the hilt. If I were to build this hilt, I would make the total length around 24" making each section roughly 8" each.

Naasad Tal - A.K.A. Chris S.
    My Saber Build - http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...from-MHS-parts