Thread: Suggestions for getting a gutted Hasbro FX Vader hilt an LED and sound setup?

Default Suggestions for getting a gutted Hasbro FX Vader hilt an LED and sound setup?

I've been thinking about getting something from Ultrasabers lately, but then I remembered I have this 07-08 FX Vader that broke a while back that I gutted and has just been sitting around. I'd really rather not do this myself so I talked to somebody at Ultrasabers to see if they could do a custom conversion for me and they said HELL NO. If you know of anyone else who would be willing to take this on for a reasonable price, I'll probably go that route, but it's kinda looking like this is gonna be DIY if it's even worth doing. If I go down DIY highway, right now I'm thinking I'd like to use the same LED that Ultrasabers uses for their TRI Arctic Blue and a Nano Biscotte for light and sound, as well as a rechargeable battery and integrated recharge port. Don't care about FoC or any other extra features. Anyway it goes, I'm not looking to put more than $200 into it, and I'm hoping it will cost a fair amount less.

I've seen plenty of tutorials on converting sabers using the hasbro soundcard and battery system, but never anything like my situation. I know the conversion kit (which is out of stock , are they still being made?) is going to be necessary for the blade holder and such, but I need advice on how to proceed otherwise as far as securely mounting the sound card, speaker, battery and recharge port. Also, will the rust and battery corrosion shown in picture 4 be an issue?

Things that are missing: switchbox/band (pic 1), shroud screw (pic 2), end cap/pommel (pic 3). The pommel is the only thing I'm kinda stressing here, any suggestions? I don't care about the switch box/band missing, figure I'll just put a basic switch in the middle hole and call it a day on that. Does anyone know the thread size for the shroud screw? Also, the rubber grips have gone tacky if anyone knows of a remedy for that. As a final note, I'm not trying to get this back to Darth Vader replica status, just figure even in its present condition it's still a classic hilt design. Thanks for any and all advice, and may the force be with you always.
    IMG_20170109_050058.jpgIMG_20170109_051757.jpgIMG_20170109_051811.jpgIMG_20170109_051913.jpg
    Last edited by D'brickashaw Ferguson; 01-09-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Selling anything (including conversion services) is prohibited on these forums. I'd suggest you head over to fx-sabers.com to find a saber smith.

Right on, I'll check that out. That's all I was asking really, is if anyone could point me in the right direction. I get the feeling that getting this done within my budget is gonna require me to do handle this myself though, so I'm also looking for pointers on how some of the DIY experts around here might handle this situation.
    Last edited by D'brickashaw Ferguson; 01-09-2017 at 12:41 PM.