Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Converting Black Series Luke VI

Default Converting Black Series Luke VI

Anyone have any experience converting the ROTJ Black Series FX Lightsaber.
    I just got it from Gamestop for $100, and have the need to convert it.
    Is it true that in this one, the emitter doesn't screw off?

And if anyone has completed a conversion, what's the inner diameter so I get the correct heatsink this time.

Hi! I am in the same position that you are. It took me the help of a mechanical engineer yesterday to finally get the hilt open. I could NOT get the emitter to come off, BUT did manage to get the grenade section off of the activator box. I managed to break the adhesive on the threads.
    Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 10.55.25 AM.jpg
    My problem from here is figuring out which conversion to use, I read somewhere that apparently hasbro obi wan rots kit is the exact same and haven't found much on a kit for the hasbro internals. Which based on saberproject.de's teardown of the saber it is the exact same on the inside.

Damn really?
    I just took apart.
    It comes off after taking apart the control box. Just twist the blade and push down.

I'm in a bind. After wiring everything up, the saber powers up but instantly shuts off.
    I'm guessing that the Triple A's (x3) setup doesn't provide enough juice to power the LED or the soundboard.
    Can I be correct of this assumption?

Can we get pics of how you're wiring? you're further than I am since I'm waiting on someone to succeed before I do a conversion, BUT if you post a picture then everyone can look and potentially see if something is going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by brthegreat117 View Post
    I'm in a bind. After wiring everything up, the saber powers up but instantly shuts off.
    I'm guessing that the Triple A's (x3) setup doesn't provide enough juice to power the LED or the soundboard.
    Can I be correct of this assumption?
    What sound card and LEDs are you using?

I'll get a pic tomorrow. To tired and piss right now lol

It's the stock soundboard, and a single green cree xpe-2
    This is the 3rd hasbro bs conversion I've done which has me befuddled.
    I wired everything exactly the same, but I'm fearing that it is an issue with the battery contacts stuff.

I also had to rewire the power/battery back thing since I needed to shorten it, so the board and led housing could fit

I've thrown the towel on this.
    I've removed all the old wires, and soldering newer better quality ones.
    Still same result.
    I'm gonna do a full conversion instead now.

Dude, I believe I know why you're having an issue. I just finished converting mine. Prior to that I converted a Hasbro Vader. I noticed when I started soldering that the VDD pad which goes to your LED positive is located in a different position on the Luke board. My board had very light labels, the Luke's VDD was one of the middle pads. In your pic, it seems like you've wired it the same as the Vader conversion.

I hope this helps!

Geof