Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RGB LED Light Engine

I don't know if you saw random sabers on the adress I posted and turned your nose up at it ("cough-typical")but the LED they talk about on that page is supose to be 500 lumens!! and sets the world record for lumens per watt.
    "The Force is my Ally"

Yeah, I posted a link to the full article on TFN like a month ago. If you read the article it appears that it they will be coming soon in products but that probably translates into about a year before we can expect to get our hands on them. According to the article, they are putting out almost 8.5 watts of power. The RGB tri-lux I have puts out about 11.5 watts when running full power so a single one of those new LEDs would be a lot cooler than a triple setup. Power is going to be a problem also. Running a 2A is going to mean a lot of batteries to get your amps up. I like the idea of using it at a lower amperage - say 1 amp- which may give about 300 lumens while only putting out about 4 watts. Put that in a tri-lux for 900 lumens and 12 watts. Run that with a filter if you like and you will still have a bright blade.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediHilt
    I don't know if you saw random sabers on the adress I posted and turned your nose up at it ("cough-typical")but the LED they talk about on that page is supose to be 500 lumens!! and sets the world record for lumens per watt.
    Okay, I'll play ball...

You want to talk typical. I don't think you read the topic carefully. I posted there before you even posted it here.

If you want to post snide remarks make sure you aren't the dummy first. If you weren't refering to me... Marsupial made an on topic post... OMG! How odd

I haven't cared for your tone lately. Respect the other posters (this can go across the board to anyone).
    RED LEADER Standing by!

The ("cough-typical") was because allot of you believe randon sabers is like some kind of arch enemy that were supose to hate them like there the Germans or something and you have the same lousy attitude toward Parks too you don't seem to be capable of being able to apreciate good piece of machine work if I showed you a saber you have never seen before and you really liked it and turned around and said Parks or random made it you would turn around and say you didn't like it I'll bet you cringe every time you see someone post a picture of a parks or random saber on the gallery.
    "The Force is my Ally"

You'll get that attitude because this is a forum dedicated to saber building rather than buying and because it's also a bit rude to come onto a privately-operated forum and talk about other vendors. It's one thing to talk about outside vendors selling components TCSS doesn't yet offer, it's another to pimp what is more or less a competing product. Parks and randomsabers have some nice stuff, but it doesn't bear discussion on the TCSS forums.

You also got blown off the way you did because you're talking about an ultra-bright white LED in a thread talking an RGB engine. That's Red, Green, and Blue in case you forgot. Colors, man.

And this is way off topic so i'm done.

Ryma Mara

Everytime I try to go to theforce.net 's boards to see whats so great about it I keep getting an error thing.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediHilt
    The ("cough-typical") was because allot of you believe randon sabers is like some kind of arch enemy that were supose to hate them like there the Germans or something and you have the same lousy attitude toward Parks too you don't seem to be capable of being able to apreciate good piece of machine work if I showed you a saber you have never seen before and you really liked it and turned around and said Parks or random made it you would turn around and say you didn't like it I'll bet you cringe every time you see someone post a picture of a parks or random saber on the gallery.
    Our problem is not with the saber itself. There are RS and Parks sabers I can appreciate. Besides that this is attached to Tim's forum and is meant to showcase his products...

YOU did not make the saber. More than a store's forum I view this as a place for learning the construction of sabers. It's the same reason Ultra's stuff isn't praised as much. Anyone can send an e-mail, pay some money and get one.

Before you jump to the conclusion that I hate RS and Parks you must understand. I own a Parks saber (in the gallery to boot)... in fact I have another one on the way. I have also purchased from RS. I have no problem with them, but if you expect a personal pat on the back for showing one off... you won't get nearly as much for saying you made it yourself.

If you want to make snide remarks. PM them... any off topic posts from now will be deleted.
    RED LEADER Standing by!