Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some Fun With The New Vinyl Cutter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Fortunately haven't run into that yet. The cricut cuts pretty clean. I used the cricut brand vinyl but unfortunately it's a temporary vinyl and slipped during the etch. I picked up some oracall outdoor vinyl #651. Hopefully it will stand up better to the solution.
    The Oracal #651 "outdoor" vinyl worked like a charm and survived the solution for 1hr 20 mins. I got the tiniest seam where the vinyl met itself once wrapped around the tube. And honestly, that line may be from where I trimmed the vinyl with the exacto. I designed the cut to overlap by 1/16, then cut off the overlap and tried to seal it with nail polish. It worked out ok I think. There are a couple wavy lines but so minute that I really am not bothered by them.

Rub n Buff was used to bring out the details.

末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Nice work. I'm pretty unsatisfied with the regular silhouette and circuit stuff, I'll have to give that a try.

Nice! I've been thinking about buying a vinyl cutter. Good to see you getting good results. Have to add that cutter to the list of things to look at for the future.