Thread: Battery for deep red rebel star

Default Battery for deep red rebel star

So, I'm very nooby at this. I'm changing out the led on a ultrasabers stunt saber I got a few years back. I was going to go tri cree leds, but don't feel confident in my electrical abilities.
    Currently I have my Deep red rebel star LED, the lens, heatsink, all that good stuff. I also have a 5.6ohm 10 watt resistor sitting in my cart as well. For brightness sake, what route would I want to take on the battery?

Sorry for the nooby question. I've been watching videos and reading around the forums, but maybe haven't been looking hard enough.

EDIT :

Found the calculating resistor values tutorials. Time to figure this out.
    Last edited by ClassicalQuack; 01-06-2017 at 10:55 PM.

Hey ClassicalQuack,

Good to see that you are working on the resistors, because well you´re current resistor seems kinda weird for me... Well you could get a 18650... The only thing that REALLY matters then are the resistors...
    Join me, join the dark side!

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicalQuack View Post
    So, I'm very nooby at this. I'm changing out the led on a ultrasabers stunt saber I got a few years back. I was going to go tri cree leds, but don't feel confident in my electrical abilities.
    Currently I have my Deep red rebel star LED, the lens, heatsink, all that good stuff. I also have a 5.6ohm 10 watt resistor sitting in my cart as well. For brightness sake, what route would I want to take on the battery?

Sorry for the nooby question. I've been watching videos and reading around the forums, but maybe haven't been looking hard enough.

EDIT :

Found the calculating resistor values tutorials. Time to figure this out.
    You wanna choose a battery soloution first so you know your working voltage and you'll need to know the forward voltage and max drive current of the LED you're using. With those you can apply ohms law for the correct value resistor.