Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you run 2 5watters on a single power source?

Ryma Mara

Ok so I was talking to corbin and erv and both there boards will run2 leds in series and thats awsome news. Iam more than likely gonna go with corbins and think about what iam gonna do for sound. not sure if I want it yet but if I do Iam gonna see if I can get just a sound board made.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

there is also ultra's board. it will run one 5 watter, but you might be able to have two on it in series. email him about that
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Ryma Mara

WellI would like to find out how well his board works before I even think of that.

I mean I know how corbins and ervs works and they are a pritty darn good board. I just need to see how well ultras fairs before Its in the thought process.

Ya know.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, I'd wait on Ultra's videos.

I've read this:
    -Will handle 12V (Two LEDs no problem)
    -Momentary (control of LED is all software based, a voice speaks to you for the settings)
    -Set sounds, not customizable (maybe just for the initial release, but that's my own conjecture)
    -Ramp on/off (I want to see it first, Erv's is different from corbins, etc...)
    RED LEADER Standing by!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

well, i can write a review of it if any of you want. i'll be getting it once it comes out

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Ryma Mara

Yeah but regardless of what board I go with it has to work with 2 leds 3watt or 5 watt.

Iam leaning twards 3 watters cause I want amber but man the thought of 10watts Just get me all worked up.

But then I would only want to go with green cause I dont really want any of the blues and if I got a 5watt cyan I would want to put it in my current saber and I dont want to do that cause Iam pritty adament with keeping the mr board for this one.

So I may just do a coin toss

Council Member
    Sith Lord

well, two three watters is about the same as a 5 watter so you could just use ultras board and set it to the 5 watt setting.
    that's what i was gonna do before i realized that i could just use a 5 watter and then put in a resistor wiried to the switch that would power the crystal chamber

Quote Originally Posted by xwingband
    I haven't gotten one yet, but at some point I plan to use one of these:

http://www.dotlight.de/shop/index.php/cPath/100_108

They take voltage a lot easier. At 24V max that a lot of LED power.
    Quote Originally Posted by neophyl
    Ive used the konlux drivers before. For a 'vanilla' driver (no power up/down) they are great.
    Ive got one of the 1050ma versions in my Dooku sabre along with a cut down MaulFX for sound.

Dotlight is also where I bought them from, helps that Im in the UK Delivery is always quick and Ive not had any problems from them as yet. Ive been buying stuff from them for 2 years now.
    Thanks for the recommendations. I found dotlight by myself but had no idea how good they were. Those driver boards look good too. Any idea of how good they are compared to a buckpuck? Is it just a price issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul
    well, i can write a review of it if any of you want. i'll be getting it once it comes out
    I'm down for the very first UltraFX with an Ultrasoundboard (well.... two in fact because it's a double maul conversion). My friend is down for the third, a converted Luke ROTJ EL. All with Green K2s.

I'll be putting up a review as soon as possible after I receive them. With video shortlt after hopefully.

...anyway, back on topic! Anything about the new ultrasound board tends to derail topics pretty quick!

Ryma Mara

tell your friend to keep that saber EL or forever will he not know what a collectors item he will have

It's no good. The EL film in it is all smashed up and has holes in. He's been meaning to get it fixed for a couple of years. Besides, it's already with Alex of Ultrasabers!