Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vader Black Series Conversion (In-Progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    You need the other piece. The kit is designed so you only remove the length of plastic equal to the length of the kit.
    idk why i am having so much trouble with this...the pic is what i have so far. I cut the top half of plastic to the length of which it was before when i tape it with the kit. Is this what I am suppose to do? And what do you recommend to get the on off switch wires through the hole after i put the entire assembly in?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    You need the other piece. The kit is designed so you only remove the length of plastic equal to the length of the kit.
    Never mind I finished it!! I figured it out, thank you for the quick replies i really appreciate it!!

What size is the thumb screw on the top of the saber? I damaged the hole and it won't go it anymore so Im going to use a tap to re-make the hole.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Should be 8-32
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Hello. I just converted my Vader BS as well and everything worked great at first. But recently, the saber stays on for only about 10-30 seconds and then shuts off. I wired everything correctly and am using new batteries. Before it shuts off, it sounds as though the volume is being turned down. Any ideas? Thanks

Wanted to thank you for this thread. Really helped me with my Vader conversion.

when it shuts off does it do the "saber shutting off" sound?

Is it possible to get a link to the images for the disassembly? I am about to start my own and could really benefit from the reference material. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbiestoheroes View Post
    Is it possible to get a link to the images for the disassembly? I am about to start my own and could really benefit from the reference material. Thank you.
    Looking at Br's photobucket, i'd say the disassembly pictures are here: http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/Br...?sort=3&page=4

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

So I have the 2015 Vader Black Series. Attempting a basic conversion. I followed the diagram in this thread exactly and bridged the pads on the sound board the same way, only when I wired everything up and tested it, the LED flickers for a second and both the LED and sound shuts off. I tested the bridge in a different position, the same way the 2015 Rey Jedi Training saber is set up, and I got nothing. Pads aren’t labeled. Is there a different possible place for the VDD pad to be located? I’m completely befuddled as to why it’s not working correctly. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Davemik239; 02-14-2018 at 11:59 PM.