Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vader Black Series Conversion (In-Progress)

Why did you take the resistor off curious what was the problem. I'm having an issue with mine where it runs great for 25sec. Then the sound cuts out but the led is still on but gone dim. I'm gonna 're check my wires and solder.
    Last edited by Colinh5481; 02-21-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks Bones again for the save. I used the image you made for someone who needed help on Facebook. Thanks for that as well!!

Colin, I didn't remove the resistor. Nothing was removed, except for the old blade holder now.
    Check if you got a bridge

Well checked my wiring and it's all good. I have a feeling it's an led issue. Cause I did a test and after 45 sec same issue but I noticed the led was very warm. It's all wired the same as my BS luke only difference in the two is the led used.
    Ps.. I don't have that issue with the luke.

When you put everything together, did u just stick the sound board in bottom part of the old hilt(where it connects to battery) and dispose of the entire top half? How did u get the bottom part to not move around?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If you use our conversion kit the back half is a smaller diameter so you can use tape to hold the bottom half to the conversion kit. The sound module should tuck into the back half nicely. I cannot recall if you had to do a little trimming to get it to fit or not and I think I had to put it at a angle but I might be thinking of the Kylo on that.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

What do u mean bank half? This is what I have so far 22.jpg11.jpg

I guess my question is how do I make it so the thing where the on/off swtich is and the sound board stays in place

I said back half not bank half. You hold the plastic section to the metal section with tape.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    I said back half not bank half. You hold the plastic section to the metal section with tape.
    The plastic section isnt long enough to reach the metal section, the hole for the switch wouldnt be at the right place if i were to tape it together. I am only using the plastic section where the battery connector and no the top part of the plastic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You need the other piece. The kit is designed so you only remove the length of plastic equal to the length of the kit.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop